Monday, January 23, 2017

Valle Verde!!

Well... changes came! And I have changes! 
I had to say goodbye to El Paraíso, which was heartbreaking. But I was also pretty excited. 
Im glad to get to know more of Honduras. New areas and new people, more experiences. This experience is going to be so much fun. On Sunday night I recieved a call from our Mission President telling me that I will have a special assignment, I will be going to Valle Verde, a hard area. But I will be really happy about my new companion. We will be working together as Zone Leaders! That means we will have to look after more missionaries, working hard and setting the example,and let me tell you guys....its awesome! I love this assignment!
Valle Verde is actually close to Danlí. Not really close, but the closest to any other zone. So theres the city Teguz in the center, then Valle Verde in the middle of no where, then if you keep going there is the city of Danlí. There are no supermarkets, nothing more than just small mercados. It gets pretty hot here, but nothing like the south. haha!
 I am in the area of La Villa de San Fransisco. Its like a town like Paraíso, but not as well developed. But you guys know me, I love small towns than big cities! So I reallly like this area so far. We are in a branch. The branch is really small.
 The average assistance is 24 a week... so yeah, theres some work to be done! Last year, there was only ONE baptism in this area.....one!! 
So we´ll what we can do about that. My companion is Elder Harris!! Elder Harris is awesome! He actually grew up in Arizona! But the key points of his life has lived in Utah so hes considered a Utahnian? He wrestled for about 10 years! what!! He studied in BYU as well! We get along reallly well. More than anything, we are really helping each other alot on being the best missionaries that we can be, being obedient con exactitud and working hard. We only have about a week together but we have already seen a bunch of miracles! Obviously, its hard to baptize here, but we´ve already met alot of great investigators the first week! Oh! I really want to share this awesome experience: This one night we were contacting at around 8:45 and we knocked on this certain door where this cipota opens the door and then we talk with the mom, they let us in. We get to know them and they are awesome! Yes they go to a church, but the good thing is that she isnt too brainwashed lol. But she does know the bible really well! So long story short, I really felt like I needed to ask whether or not she had any questions or any doubts about something that shes heard about the Mormons. She said No, but we asked again and again. Then she said Welllll, Yes. I have a friend whos mormon who was telling me about something you guys do, baptisms for the dead? Yes!! She trusted us to ask us this! Huge step forward! So then we teach this as basic as we can, but we felt like she didnt totally beleive us. She thinks that this is something that we are making up as Mormons, so we had no other choice but to show her that this is found in her bible! So we got 1 Corintios 15:29. So we had her read it, and it was really funny because as she was reading outloud she stopped when she read... ¨Por que, pues, se bautizan por los.......muertos?¨ And then she looks up at us, with the look of ¨How´d you do that?¨ She said, out of all of the years that Ive been going to church, no one has ever showed me this. And then we challenged and everything and happy ever after! She is a really amazing investigator now! 
The awesome thing about this area is that we are being taken care of! We are being taken care of by Mamá! We have a Zone mother! More than anything shes our mother! :) haha There is this member that loves us! We call her Mamá. 
She gives us lunch everyday and washes our clothes. for dinner, she lets us use her kitchen and we cook our food!
 I love it, I get to control what I eat now haha! (Mexican food everyday;)
Tonight we have a noche de hogar there, and we are going to cook Tostadas! 

 That first house that you can see is our house! Its pretty nice. Bucket showers everyday but, ive seen worse! haha


This the Villa branch building, as well as the Valle Verde District Center.


There are no taxis here, only Motortaxis. They are like 3 wheeled vehicles. Theyre wierd. And always overcharge!

 These donkeys are following me everywhere!!! haha



 Just like El Paraíso is the home of coffee, here in the Villa it is the home of Sugar Cane! These huge trucks are always passing all day, as you can see, theyre hauling sugar cane.


This is Mamá and I, at my second house! 

  
Mamá and Elder Harris.

No comments:

Post a Comment