Monday, October 16, 2017

I Can Go The Distance!


Just THREE more weeks!
 I cannot believe it! Time is going by so fast. There is a part of me that says Woohoo, I´m almost going home! But there is also a really big part of me that says Oh no... these are my last days in this country as a missionary! I´m going to miss it here so much! Elder Taylor and I have been having a lot of awesome experiences here. We always try to have a great time with everything and time goes by fast! Weeks feel like days, and days feel like weeks sometimes! But I love it! 
This week has been a little rough, I´ve been sick because of the weather. Its SO cold here!! We are the only missionaries in the South that are freezing!! Well, I am the only one... my companion is from Idaho and he is never cold! Im shivering every morning! We werent able to find too many new investigators this week, but we worked with the ones that we currently have...and guess what! We helped alot of them get to church! We had EIGHT investigators at church! (In a ward, that may be pretty normal, but here... thats a miracle!) We had the help of some Motortaxis to take our investigators to church as well as some members! Long story short, they all loved church! We were so happy that the teachers showed up to church so that we didnt have to do everything! We did have to speak, but I love speaking now! haha This week I spoke about something that I love preaching! About modern day prophets! I love General Conference so much! After this past Conference, I downloaded all of the talks and we listen to them pretty much every night and morning. Listening to modern day prophets and apostles daily really helps me build my testimony that they truly are called of God during these times. There is an article in the back of a Liahona that I read the other day that I love. Its called the Case For A Living Prophet. Which talks about why having a modern day prophet makes COMPLETE SENSE to anyone who really believes in the Bible. Most people today think that God doesnt call prophets like he did before, like he always has. Why? (No one knows) But I like what the article says,

 “May I suggest some possible reasons? Perhaps God does not speak to man anymore because He cannot. He has lost the power.”
-He said, “Of course that would be blasphemous.”
“Well, then, if you don’t accept that, perhaps He doesn’t speak to men because He doesn’t love us anymore and He is no longer interested in the affairs of men.”
-“No,” he said, “God loves all men, and He is no respecter of persons.”
“Well, then, if He could speak, and if He loves us, then the only other possible answer, as I see it, is that we don’t need Him. We have made such rapid strides in science and we are so well educated that we don’t need God anymore.”
-And then he said—and his voice trembled as he thought of impending war—“Mr. Brown, there never was a time in the history of the world when the voice of God was needed as it is needed now. Perhaps you can tell me why He doesn’t speak.”
  My answer was: “He does speak, He has spoken; but men need faith to hear Him.”

I love teaching the people of this country that He still speaks to us today, in different ways. And that this is His true church, and HE guides His church. He loves us, just like he loved his children in ancient times, and he will always love us. 

You know who really loved church this Sunday? Yup, you guessed it! Erick! He is still so positive! He has gone to church on his own 4 Sundays in a row! We are running out of things to teach him! haha he knows so much! We gave him a Liahona this week so that he can continue learning. Our other investigators are progressing very well as well! Remember that family reference that we recieved from our other investigator? Well 4 of them went to church this sunday! They loved it! They say that they will be back next week but with their whole family! These past couple weeks we´ve had the support of the ward that is in charge of San Marcos as well! The councelor of the bishopric in the Choluteca ward has been driving down to San Marcos to go out and visit with us and see how things are going here! We are getting some support now! We are really happy about that because we´ve come to realize that is what has been lacking here in San Marcos.

There other night we were teaching Seminary and we are currently in the book of Acts. Certain scriptures caught my attention. In Acts 20, Paul is pretty much saying goodbye, he knows that when he goes to Jerusalen, something will happen, and they will never see him again.

"18 And when they were come to him, he said unto them, Ye know, from the first day that I came into Asia, after what manner I have been with you at all seasons,

19 Serving the Lord with all humility of mind, and with many tears, and temptations, which befell me by the lying in wait of the Jews:

20 And how I kept back nothing that was profitable unto you, but have shewed you, and have taught you publickly, and from house to house,

21 Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

22 And now, behold, I go bound in the spirit unto Jerusalem, not knowing the things that shall befall me there:

23 Save that the Holy Ghost witnesseth in every city, saying that bonds and afflictions abide me.

24 But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

25 And now, behold, I know that ye all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, shall see my face no more. " 

Its interesting because I find myself in the same sitatuion. Im getting to the point where I am going to have to start to say goodbye. But I really like what Paul says here: "neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God." It was another reminder to me that I need to finish strong! Like Drake says, You Only Serve Your Mission Once... well he says something like that. More like Hercules says, I Can Go The Distance! 


Try to find what is wrong in this image...

As I was standing there at the grocery store... something caught my attention. Under the mouse, I thought I saw a book that looked reallllly familiar to me! So I spoke to the cashier and he just laughed and said, Yeah, the Book of Mormon is really useful! I let him know that it is alot more useful if he reads it instead! haha



Try to find what is wrong in this image...

There was a bug in my enchilada!! It was still good though! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment