Tuesday, October 3, 2017

General Conference




I met some members this week... and as I was trying to start conversation I asked what their dogs name was when I walked inside their home. 
"Como se llama su perro?"
-"Cual"
"El que esta afuera"
-"Cual"
"El unico que esta afuera!"
-"Cual!"
And so I walked to the door and I said "COMO SE LLAMA ESTE PERRO?!"
and the whole family yells "CUAL!!!" 
...That poor dog´s name is Cual...I was so confused! haha because that means Which?


General Conference was amazing!
As always! There were so many amazing talks, one of my favorite one was the talk given byAdilson de Paula Parrella
If you remember correctly, you will understand why ;) We couldn´t watch it in San Marcos, so we had to take a trip to Choluteca and watch it at the Stake Center. We are about an hour away from Choluteca, so its not that easy. We had to go early Saturday morning, watch the conferences, then return to San Marcos...so we had to miss the Priesthood Session. But we haddd to come back because we had to be at San Marcos Sunday morning to pick up our Sanmarqueños! We contracted a bus and of course, everyone arrived 45 mintes late! Good thing we told everyone that the conference started at 9!haha so we made it on time when the conference actually started at 10! Do you know what the best part was? Eric came to the Conference!! Eric is that investigator that we found looking for Bessy! haha he still progressing alot! He understands the Book of Mormon completely and even reads the Index to learn more! what?! who does that?? And so him going to an ACTUAL church in Choluteca and hearing the modern day prophets really helped have a better perspective of the church. He loves it! You know your investigator knows alot when you watch the Restoration video with him and he knows the story behind every scene! Even that part when Joseph Smith Sr is finishing reading the book of mormon and he is reading out loud, Eric immediately yelled out "Hes reading in Moroni!" And he LITERALLY recites the first part of Moroni´s promise in Moroni 10:3-5! He is going to be an incredible missionary one day! All of the members are really helping with fellowshiping our investigators! 
Oh! So this week we had a really cool experience happen! So we found in the street an inactive member, but she invited us over to her mother in laws house to visit, so we said yes and set up an appointment. When we showed up, we taught something short and even got to know the family that lives there. They´ve seen missionaries before but theyve never talked to them, so we taught them a little as well. They were kind of positive, not too bad. So we put another appointment. When we came back that next day, the brother and sister were not there! And they were the positive ones and so there at their house we gave them a call and they said "No, we´re not going home! You guys need to come here. We are at our neighbor´s house. The family here is waiting for you!" I couldnt tell if it was a joke or not... but we gave a shot! To our surprise, it was legit! 
(This is one of my favorite mission stories)
So we go into the house and there are about 6 people there sitting and ready to listen to us. We are in shock. Our INVESTIGATORS gave us a reference for a family, what?!?! So I keep thinking this a prank or something...but nope! The family actually admitted it, saying that theyve never spoken to missionaries like us, but they want to try, see what we have to say. So we try our best to be careful and not say anything too delicate and may lose them, we teach very slow and tried to clarify everything. Of course they had a lot of random questions, which is normal. I love questions because it means they trust us enough to ask us! So sometimes I would even get up and use certain examples to explain things so that it is very clear, for example... using their front door (Yes, they actually have a front door! I was surprised too...) and comparing that to baptism, and using my house keys to explain the priesthood. We had a lot of laughs and they all understood it. Of course we heard the typical ´but ive already been baptized in another church´ responses, but we cleared everything up, and they all looked satisfied with what we taught... BUT THATS NOT EVEN THE BEST PART! So my mistake when I entered the house was thinking that the whole family was already there. I did notice a graduation picture up on the wall in the house, and that person in the picture wasnt there at that moment... but I didnt pay too much attention to that. So as we were wrapping up, and answering last minute questions, the bedroom door that was right next to us (it was actually just a bedsheet hung up to work as a door) was opened and someone came out. It was a young lady who looked very happy to see us. We were confused, we thought the whole family was with us listening... but! she said "I´m Fransis, I´m the oldest sibbling. I heard everything that you guys taught today. I didnt want to come out when you came because I was tired, but I couldnt sleep. Everything that you taught made sense. I´ve never been baptized, my grandma keeps telling me that I need to be baptized or else I will not enter the Kingdom of God. But she is forcing me to get baptized in her church, but I do not want to, I told her I will find my own path. And your message really caught my attention." I was in complete shock, but filled with joy! She listened the entire time, and Spirit testified one of the truthfulness of our message without her even seeing us or interacting with us! The only thing I can say was "Will you prepare to follow the example of Jesus Chris and be baptized by someone who holds the authority to do so?" She said "Yes!"


This the San Marcos group that came to Choluteca! 


This is our little house! Its little, but powerful... we have hot water, a washermachine, and dryer! :D 






No comments:

Post a Comment