Monday, August 14, 2017

Revelación!

                                  

We had our last supper with the Chase family this week, it was little sad, but the food was super good! 


Well this week has been pretty busy, of course. We had to do all the changes for the mission. It was the first changes meeting for President Chase, which took literally 2 days straight. But it was necessary. But we feel so confident that these changes that we made are what our Father wants. I truly have a strong testimony with Revelation. I have seen it sooo much throughout my time here in the office. I have so many little experiences with this. And I can never get used to it, it is so incredible! For example, I´ll share one of my favorite experiences that has happened recently: 

So, I never really knew if I was going to leave the office or not, there was still a very high chance that I would stay for another 3 months here and train the next Assistant. To be honest, I´ve been wanting to leave. I miss being out there in the field and getting rained on, starving, using the same clothes for a couple days straight, not being able to shower because there is no water, etc. So anyway, If I leave the office, that would be that someone would have to replace me. Who? That was the big question. We went through everyone and tried to see who can be the next assistant and who met some of the qualifications. From about 10 candidates, we narrowed it down to about 5. For a long time, we just kept looking at these 5 to replace me. I didn’t know who it was, and I didn’t really ponder about, all I knew was that I was leaving!! Lol Well, these past couple weeks we realized that the time is getting closer until we have to decide. Well, this whole change we have been driving around the whole mission with President Chase and showing him around, going to the Interviews meetings and teaching. And so we have seen all of the missionaries, and we still felt the same about the 5 candidates that we had. Once again, all I knew was that I was leaving! But then, we went to the last interviews meeting, which was last week. It was down in the south, we showed up and set everything up. Then we started with a hymn and prayer. As one of the zone leaders directed the meeting, I thought of something. Then President got up to start the individual interviews with everyone. (he usually starts with the zone leaders so that they can tell him how the missionaries in their zone are doing). But then I instantly got up and went to him and I made a comment to him before he interviewed that missionary, I told him “I don’t think we have considered this enough, but this missionary can be the next assistant.” (he wasn’t part of the Top 5 that we considered a lot) But the more I spoke to this missionary, heard him teach, and seen how much he cares for his zone, the more I felt that he was my replacement. Remember, that we never considered him! And I would have found it VERY strange if he wasn’t. So, President interviewed him, and the time went on, President prayed about it throughout that next week and when we started the changes meeting, we saw that that missionary is replacing me. It felt right, more than any other. That’s called Revelation. When God reveals time at HIS time. That’s something that President Chase taught us, he said one time as we were trying to figure out a certain change: “Maybe we don’t know right now, because we don’t need to know right now”. God reveals things to us when the time is right. I´ve definitely have learned that here. Even when it came down to where my next area is going to be. But that’s a whole other story! 

My next assignment will be to open an area in the South! It’s a small town wayyyy down there by like Nicaragua. It’s called San Marcos de Colon. I will be opening it while I train a new missionary as well! I am so excited!! I will tell you about the area next week while I’m there. This Tuesday we will pick up the new missionaries from the airport and one of them will be my next kid! Haha Woohoo!


Elder Huff came back to Honduras and was visiting everyone! Look back at the previous posts in the blog, I have a picture with him while he was here in the mission. He is a missionary that really impacted me! 


We had a carneada for our last Pday together! 

No comments:

Post a Comment